What is it?
The best way to give insights into the amazing work you do? The answer is in the question: let your audience literally get a good look inside.
Original footage is among the best – and easiest – ways to do that. You can give the floor to your team, showcase your product or let happy clients sing your praise – all of it without requiring your target audience to put any effort in.
Live action videos with actors and a script use a different technique, but the same mechanism: we are intrigued and inspired by watching people play out situations and stories.
Either way, you will be making use of the best tool available to communicators on- and off-screen: the human face.
Why do you need it?
Use live action videos to show rather than tell, and to make it easy for your audience to find out about your work.
If you are launching a product, reporting on or live streaming an event, or presenting your team – think of bringing our camera team on board.
Our video crew is also a partner of choice to help you write and shoot that creative video translating your brand message into an inspirational ad.
What will it look like?
Imagine your live action video were a TV programme:
- documentary-style: featuring experts or staff facing the screen, or talking to an interviewer off-camera
- news-style: following a live event such as a conference or a competition
- reality TV-style: featuring for instance user-generated content or improvisation
- movie-style: using actors and a script
Of course, these are just a few analogies to help your imagination. In practice, the format will be fine-tuned and adapted to the platform(s) you’ll be using (website, social,…).
Tips for a successful live action video:
- Choose the format based on your resources. This is not primarily a question of budget. Do you have experts with good camera skills? Do you have a fanbase that will generate content if you inspire them with a good idea? How photogenic is your event venue? Taking stock of your available assets will help you choose the right format. We are there to help with this.
- Mix it up. You don’t need mind-blowing original footage for each second of video – expert interviews can be complemented with stock footage, infographics or animation. Find out more on mixed media videos.
- Diversity is key. Whether your video features staff interviews or actors, the diversity of the teams shown on screen highlights your values. Studies confirm that audiences are increasingly aware of this aspect and react positively to campaigns breaking with traditional advertising standards.